Announcing the thirty fourth annual SJAA Auction! This year, it will be held on Sunday, 16 March 2014. The bidding starts at noon; specific times are below.
If you are interested in picking up some used astronomy gear, this is the event for you. Likewise, if you have astronomy gear that you no longer use or want, this is a good way to find it a new home.
Volunteers have developed an online pre-registration form that sellers can use to expedite their registration on the day of the event. Get to it by clicking here: the Auction page.
10:00AM – Registration starts for sellers
11:00AM – People not selling but interested in bidding can arrive to register, get a bidder number
11:30AM – Registration ends
11:30 to noon – Official viewing time
12:00PM – Bidding begins
4:00PM – approximate time that bidding ends and accounting starts
Note there will be at least one break in the bidding.
As in the past, this is a full on auction. So the following rules and guidelines will apply.
– Buyers and sellers must stay to end of auction, no cashing out until then.
– This is a cash or check -only event; no credit/debit cards.
– Auction management reserves the right to limit the number of items anyone can put up for selling
– For sellers, you can have a reserve price, but consider an opening bid amount, otherwise, opening bid will most likely be $1.
– There will be a separate form for a detailed item description to be used by the auctioneer.
Auction Committee Volunteers
San Jose Astronomical Association