Each October or November, SJAA hosts a Swap Meet. This is a perfect opportunity for you to go through your astro closet, find the things taking up space that you don’t use anymore, and make them available to others who may want or need them. It’s also a great chance to find some interesting stuff, learn a lot, and mingle with other like-minded folks.
This year the Fall Swap Meet will be held on Sunday, October 29. Please RSVP here.
Here are more details and important points (though they very well may change, check back often!):
- Sellers arrive as early as 11am to set up; others will not be allowed into the hall until the official start time: 12 noon.
- Advance registration is not required, but getting there early will let you pick your spot.
- We will have tables positioned around the room with a couple of chairs per table; if you want to bring a table cloth to pretty up your area, feel free
- There will be at least two SJAA board members or other volunteers present to facilitate, and to handle paperwork, including accepting donations.
- We will have a Sellers Registration/Sales Form for sellers to complete to help track what was sold and the sales figures
- Suggested, voluntary donations to the SJAA are 10% of the total amount sold or a flat donation; donations are voluntary and are tax deductible for those of you who may benefit; receipts will be available
- Don’t bring illegal stuff or stuff that’s not able to be reasonably considered astronomy related; best judgment