Thank you for your interest in joining up with us, the SJAA! Many of our programs and public events are free and open to the public. A few are free but registration is required, and if that’s the case, we’ll make a note of it. But there are a few things that are exclusive to members of the SJAA; those are listed below.
Membership is inexpensive, just twenty dollars a year per individual. Much of the member fees and other donations go toward keeping our events publicly available, such as purchasing liability insurance for our public star parties. We also usually provide refreshments at our general meetings where we have guest speakers and other events (such as Show and Tell).
The main benefit is to keep the organization going. It’s been sixty (yes, 60!) years now, and we are here to bring astronomy and science to the public, and we provide a place for people to go when they, or more importantly their kids, start to express an interest in astronomy. We’re here to help people get and stay excited about the night sky!
Please consider joining us.
Membership Benefits –
- Eligibility to our Quick STARt mentoring program.
- Eligibility for our Advanced Loaner Telescope Program.
- 10% Discount on selected items at Orion Telescope in Cupertino.
- Discount subscriptions to Astronomy Technology Today.
- Use of the SJAA e-mail lists – for announcements and notification of new issue of the SJAA newsletter, the Ephemeris.
- Eligibility to borrow books, atlases and other items from the SJAA Library.
- Members may vote for Officers and Board Members.
But the greatest benefit is that you meet like-minded stargazers and learn the night sky.