Special Interest Group (SIG)
The Astro Imaging Special Interest Group (SIG), led by Hy Murveit, has a mission of bringing together people who have an interest in astronomy imaging, or put more simply, taking pictures of the night sky. The Imaging SIG meets roughly every month at Houge Park to discuss topics about imaging. The SIG is open to people with absolutely no experience but want to learn what it’s all about, but experienced imagers are also more than welcome, indeed, encouraged to participate. The best way to get involved is to review the postings on the SJAA AstroImaging mail list in Google Groups. Here’s the link.
For the next meeting of the SJAA Astro Imaging group, please see the Upcoming Events on this page or go to the Calendar of events.
SJAA is proud to sponsor outdoor workshops where we help those folks who are interested in learning about the mechanics of AstroPhotography and Imaging.
Bring your questions, and/or your Canon or Nikon DSLR to connect to a working rig, and/or your complete astrophotography rig (battery powered).
Be sure to check out these presentations and videos ahead of time.
Astrophotography Field Clinics
- Held once a quarter at Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve
- Club has 1 DSLR rig and 1 CCD rig for you use during this event
- Shake down your rig and get help in the field
- Imagers Only! 😉
- SJAA club members only
- Announced only on email@example.com
- Please RSVP to HandsOnImaging@sjaa.net
- Let us know your issue(s) ahead of time so we can try to have the club “experts” and gear/software available
- Please arrive about 1 hour prior to the start time, but no later than 30 minutes. Ranger locks the gate at sunset.