Have you ever heard a kid the first time she sees Saturn’s rings? “Amazing!” and “Holy cow!” are the common phrases exclaimed when it happens. San Jose Astronomical Association conducts evening observing sessions, aka star parties, for schools in mid-Santa Clara County, generally from Sunnyvale to Fremont to Morgan Hill.
- North of Fremont: Eastbay Astronomical Society;
- South of Morgan Hill: the Mira Observers Group;
- North of Sunnyvale: Peninsula Astronomical Society;
- North of Palo Alto: San Mateo County Astronomical Society;
- Nearer San Francisco: San Francisco Amateur Astronomers.
The AANC (Astronomical Association of Northern California) maintains an extensive list of clubs on their Northern California Astronomy Resource Guide, including contact information for the above clubs and many over the northern part of California.