Hello SJAA Members and Friends,
Just a reminder that the SJAA Swap Meet is happening this Sunday, March 20, 2016 at the Hall at San Jose’s Houge Park. Here is the announcement that went to the Announce list (which is still being used, we encourage people to join), and here is the Meetup for the event (we encourage RSVPs!).
It’s important to note that the official start time is noon. That’s when the doors will open for business. For those of us who will be selling items, the hall will be available as early as 11am for people to come and set up their wares, for instance, if you have full scopes to bring in and set up for display. We are discouraging any buying and selling to happen during that “setup” hour, just so we stay true to the official opening time of 12 noon.
If you plan to sell items, please be aware that you will be asked to read and sign a form, which have a few guidelines. I’ve included them below so you can review them ahead of time, and it’s not new to you when you arrive.
We’re expecting a fun and sociable event. See you Sunday!
The Suggestions, Guidelines and Rules:
- Please read and sign this form before setting up.
- You will receive a name tag, please write your name on it and wear it where people can see it.
- You should have prices in mind ahead of time for all your items and ideally have the pieces labeled with the price.
- It’s a good idea to have a towel or sheet to place over your items in case you need to step away.
- Though we don’t expect any nefarious types, SJAA cannot be held responsible for any missing or damaged items
- Keep it fair: please refrain from conducting business before the official noon start time, which is when the doors open.
- Keep all the business inside the Hall rather than out on the grounds of the park.
- Event photos may be taken, in which case your likeness may be captured and posted to the SJAA website or newsletter.
- If there are any questions or need assistance, please see any of the volunteers.
- This event is run 100% by volunteers. The suggested donation to SJAA is 10% of sales.
- Have fun!
Hi, when is the next swap meeting? Thanks!
The next swap meet is coming in November. Keep an eye out on our calendar, or our Meetup group, to be notified!